Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college campus. It constitutes one or the more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students’ whether by word spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturb the regular academic activity of any student or fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic task assigned to an individual or group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student or students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it; sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to the health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, email, post, public insult which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, various vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that effects the mental health and self-confidence of the a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing of power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or other student.
- Suspended from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarships and any other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation processes.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional or national or international meet tournament, youth festivals etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Prosecuted for criminal action with lodging an FIR with local Police.
In case any ragging is observed in the college campus following College Anti Ragging Committee may be contacted which includes following members:
- Dr. Seema Kapoor (Mob. 98146 65055)
- Dr. Yadwinder Singh Bhatia (Mob. 98779 86890)
- Ms. Arvinder Kaur (Mob. 81465 86725)
- Mr. Ashutosh (Mob. 94278 39193)