Note: The Principal is entitled to cancel admission.
- The candidates are required to fill-up the admission form in their own handwriting and submit their two passport size photographs, original certificates of previous class and character certificate duly signed by the head of the institution.
- Eligibility of the candidate will be checked by the admission committee and decision will be taken strictly as per their recommendation.
- The student already registered with GNDU Amritsar has to write their registration number in the admission form.
The students who are not registered with GNDU Amritsar as he/she has passed previous class from other university/board (other than Punjab/Punjabi University and PSEB), will not be given admission without the eligibility certificate issued by GNDU Amritsar.
- In case the student is admitted on temporary basis without the eligibility certificate, He/she may have to submit their eligibility certificate with applicable late fee as per university rules.
- If the student stands unable to submit the eligibility certificate within the given time, his/her admission will be cancelled.
For the eligibility certificate, the following documents have to be produced with applicable university fee and the application form.
(Application for eligibility certificate can be sent if the migration certificate is not received under special circumstances.)
- Original certificate and DMC of lower examination.
- Original migration certificate issued by related university/board.
- Those who have passed their lower examination from Punjab/Punjabi University or from PSEB will be exempted from eligibility certificate at the time admission.
- Foreign students and the students who have passed their +2 from Bihar Intermediate council will not be admitted without the eligibility certificate. To get eligibility certificate these students will have to produce character certificate/transfer certificate issued by the council along with the application and eligibility certificate.
- The students who have passed their Senior Secondary School Examination (+2) from National Open School, New Delhi should contact the college office before admission.
Attendance, Leave and Fines
To examine the progress of the students a Mid Semester Test (MST) will be conducted in the month of March (Odd Semester) and October (Even Semester) and their results and current student attendance status are sent to the guardians of the student by post.
No student is allowed to remain absent during MST examinations without a prior permission from the Principal under unavoidable circumstances.
If the student is absent during MST exams a fine of Rs 100/- per paper will be imposed.
All following requirements should be fulfilled by the students in order to sit in final examinations:
- The name of the student should have been sent to the controller of the university examination by the Principal.
- The student should have attended 75% of lectures during the current academic session.
- The student should have got 35% marks in every paper of MST examination.
- The character of the student should be satisfactory.
The students who are unable to fulfil the above said requirement will have to undergo a conditional examination before final examination. The paper will be from all subjects and the student must secure 40% marks in aggregate. The arrangement for this examination will be make after a recommendation by the Principal.
Fee Concession and Scholarship
Deserving students are granted fee concession by college. Student can also take benefit from the scholarships sponsored by Government/University as mentioned below:
- Post-Matric scholarship scheme (Indian Govt.)
- Scholarship from Punjab State Schedule Caste Welfare Society.
- Scholarship to student of Backward Class.
- Scholarship to student of Minorities (Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists & Paresis etc.)
- Deserving students can get scholarships under the National Loan Schemes started by Indian Govt.
- Scholarships for handicapped students.
Apart from these many other scholarships are given by Bhai Rupinder Singh Rupi Trust and Advocate Sh. S.N. Aggarwal every year. For these scholarship students should fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- More than 70% marks.
- Annual income less than Rs. 2 lacs.
From session 1990-91 a special matric scholarships were started by Late S. Chanan Singh Dosanj which are given to only deserving students.
Special Facilities for Deserving and Meritorious students:
- Students getting 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their academic sessions will get 30%, 25% and 20% fee concession so that the competitive spirit can be boosted up and student performance can be maintained.
- Needy students may get concessions from the college.
- Students getting merit in university or first position in University/Board will be given full fee concession.
- Merit holders will get free books for whole of the year from book bank on returnable basis.
Special concession for sports students:
- Student player will get concession on the basis of matches played at State or University Level.
- Every player of the team does not reserve the right for fee concession. Needy student player can apply for fee concession as normal student.
- While deciding fee concession for student players due consideration is given to discipline, good character, capability and conduct.
At the end of every academic session students are awards are given to the students who excel in the fields of Academic, Sports and Extra-curricular activities as mentioned below:
- Student who get University Merit.
- Student who achieve 1st position in his/her class in University Examination.
- Student who get 1st position in House Examination but should not be failed in any of the paper.
- Student who secure 1st, 2nd, 3rd position in any event of Youth Festival.
- A student who secure 1st position in University competitions.
- A student who is selected as the member of University/state team.
- A student who is selected as the best cadet of N.S.S or N.C.C.
Code of conduct
The main motive of the college is to instil the quality of Discipline in the students. This is why some rules regarding manners have been framed and all the students are expected to obey all the rules strictly. The students who disobey will be penalized or rusticated.
- Ragging is not allowed in the college campus. Strict actions will be taken against the students who found guilty. A special anti-ragging cell is available in the college.
- Students should maintain discipline in the classroom.
- All the students should respect their teachers and obey them honestly.
- Students should be punctual and reach college in time.
- It is expected from the students that they should not roam about in the corridors aimlessly.
- Discipline should be maintained in the college especially in the class, library and corridors.
- Students are advised to visit library during their free lecture to read magazines, books and newspaper to utilize free time.
- No student is allowed to use abusive language in the college.
- College property belongs to the students, they should keep it intact. Students will be heavily fined in case of any damage to the college property.
- Flowers beds and grass lawns should be kept clean and beautiful.
- Students should keep themselves away from any on-going politics and should concentrate on their studies.
- The students should get their leave sanctioned by proper Authority if any student remain absent for more than 10 days his/her name will be stuck off from the college.
- All important notifications will be pinned on the notice board so all the students should inculcate the habit of reading newspaper.
- Use of drugs is prohibited in college campus. If anyone is found guilty, authoritative action shall be taken against him/her.
- Avoid any quarrels. In case of any such situation, written complaint should be given to Principal.
- Students should keep their mobile phones switched off during college hours. No student is allowed to use ear phones inside the college campus. In case of student’s mobile phone is lost or stolen, Authorities will not be responsible for that.
- BUSINESS CLUB- a Business Club has been formed for the overall development of the Commerce students. In which, students are motivated to participate in various extra-curricular activities like- Quiz competition, Group Discussion, Inter-College Programmes and Educational tours etc. this all has been made possible due to whole hearted encouragement by the faculty of Commerce department. Every student of Commerce department has contributed Rs.50/- as the membership fees, whose proper record is maintained by the authorities.