The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrined in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare .of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in their relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions for individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capability to meet emergencies and natural disasters .
- Develop national integration and social harmony.
There are two units of NSS in the college campus. Students from all classes can become the members of NSS. The activities of these units remain in full swing throughout the year and inculcate among them feeling of social welfare. To eradicate the social evils like-Female foeticide, Child abuse etc.
International Yoga Day 2021 Online Quiz on ATMA NIRBHAR BHARAT SWANTANTRA BHARAT 20212021 Constitution Day celebration 2021 UNO Foundation Day celebration 2021 Slogan Writing Competition on Omportance of Vote in Democracy 2021
Following are the some Camps attended by the NSS Volunteers of the College
|S.No.||Date of Camp||Venue||Teacher Incharge||Activities Performed||No.of Students Participated||Level|
|1||06.09.2017||College Campus||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||Swatchch Bharat Abhiyan||100||National|
|2||09.08.2017||College Campus||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||Swatchch Pakhwara||100||National|
|3||11.09.2017||College Campus||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||Punar Jot Organization||180||Local|
|4||01.12.2017||College Campus||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||World Aids Day||200||Local|
|5||25.01.2018||College Campus||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||National Voters Day||200||National|
|5||14.03.2018||College Campus||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||Corruption Awareness||200||Local|
|6||22.03.2018||Government School, Phagwara||Dr. Yadwinder Bhatia and Ms. Meenakshi||Youth Empowerment Day||200||State|